Who is Martha?
“Martha” represents any woman who has lost her way in life for any reason and yet still has great value and potential in the eyes and heart of God.
What is Martha’s House?
Martha’s House is a not-for-profit organization whose purpose is to provide Christian aftercare for formerly incarcerated females. It is a residential facility providing shelter in a Christian environment for women once they are released from jail/prison.
Martha’s House will provide a structured six to twelve month program, with a primary emphasis on drug and alcohol addition recovery. Our goal is to help women transition back into the community and become productive members of society, hoping to reduce the recidivism rate in South Carolina.
The founders of Martha’s House have been involved in ministry for several years. In that time, we have realized the tremendous need some women have for a place of safety as well as encouragement. We believe through the ministry of Martha’s House, valuable lives can find restoration and healing.
Your support will touch the lives of many women and leave a positive and lasting impact on our community as a whole. Will you help us to empower these women to be all they can be and to walk in the fullness of God’s destiny for them? Our needs, in every area, are great and any contributions or areas where you may be able to serve would be greatly appreciated.
If you, your church or others would like to make a donation to this new and exciting ministry, a secured donation can be made online by going to our Donations page. If you would like to participate by serving in this ministry or if this has in any way touched your heart and you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to Contact Us.
Statement of Faith
- We believe in one God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit)
- We believe He, Jesus Christ, God’s son was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, was crucified and died to save us from our sins, He arose bodily from the dead and ascended into Heaven. He is at the right hand of God the Father and is ever interceding between God and man.
- We believe that the Bible is God’s word in its totality. As Christians we must submit to it’s divine authority and protocol both individually and corporately, demonstrated not only by our words, but also by our actions and behavior.
- We believe that there is none righteous, no not one, and we cannot experience the kingdom of God except through rebirth in Jesus Christ. Justification comes by grace through faith in Jesus.
- We believe in one Holy, universal, apostolic church. Its purpose is to worship God and witness Christ Jesus to all people by demonstrating compassionate service to the needs of human beings, promoting righteousness and justice.
- We believe Jesus will visibly return His glory to raise the dead and bring judgment to all.